Cookies are my weakness, and whenever I’m craving them, I immediately think of these delicious Nutella chocolate chip cookies. I used to have these cookies are on constant rotation in my household – they are so popular I sometimes had to bake them three times a week!
(ps. 80 Ways to Eat Nutella!)
These cookies satisfy any chocolate, crunchy and chewy craving you might possibly have. Almost like a regular chocolate chip cookie, but made special with the addition of Nutella, which is a pantry staple in our home. These are great for the holidays as a yummy indulgence or for a Christmas cookie exchange!
This recipe can make between 18 – 36 cookies, depending on the size. I will offer substitutions that I absolutely know will work, but do NOT use anything but Nutella. I have tried other “chocolate hazelnut spreads” and the cookies turned out too crispy and thin – ie. not perfect. The picture above shows cookie dough balls that are approximately 1/8th of a cup each, slightly smooshed down, and a few chocolate chips added to the tops – this is to make them look like those fabulous cookies you see in magazines!
Keep in mind that this is NOT the healthiest of recipes, these cookies will not help you lose weight – so if there isn’t a crowd of people coming over, bake them and freeze them! Give them away if you can! These cookies cause addictive behaviour and I will not be held liable for that! Enjoy
- 2½ cups Cake Flour OR 2¼ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1½ teaspoons Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ¼ – ⅓ cup of Nutella + ¼ – ⅓ cup extra
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips + ⅓ cup extra
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a few baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt, then set aside.
- In a food processor (with regular s-blade) or in a mixer, cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Add the vanilla, then the eggs, and mix until combined.
- Add ¼-1/3 cup of Nutella.
- With mixer or processor on low speed, gradually add the flour until just combined.
- Fold in 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Add remaining ¼ cup to ⅓ cup of Nutella, and mix in so it is streaking in the dough – this gives the cookie more of a marbled effect.
- To make 36 cookies, scoop up a ¼ cup of dough into a ball, tear in half, roll smooth and place on baking sheet. To make larger cookies, scoop up ⅓ of the dough and tear in half, roll and place on sheet.
- I then press the dough balls down slightly, and add 3-5 chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cookies should be very slightly browned, have crackled tops and look very soft and puffy (they will look underdone), but do not over bake.
- Allow to cool on sheets 5-10 minutes, then enjoy!